A Comprehensive Strategy to Lower Aviation CO2 and non-CO2 Emissions
To achieve the environmental sustainability goals decided by the European Union through FlightPath 2050, EU-funded ClimOP has researched which aspects of aviation operations can be implemented to reduce the climate impact of the aeronautic industry. Specifically, ClimOP has designed eight Operational Improvements that, if implemented, are meant to reduce CO2 and NOx emissions generated from the aviation sector.
The ClimOP Operational Improvements take into consideration aviation as a whole: in its analysis, ClimOP considered not only aircrafts and inflight operations, but also ground operations, airport infrastructure and air traffic management. Thus, the team addressed in a well-rounded and comprehensive way how to improve the industry’s sustainability and climate impact.
Event Registration & Details
The ClimOP Final Dissemination Event will be held on June 21st, 13-18 CEST, at the AC Hotel Paris-Le Bourget Airport, in proximity to the Le Bourget Airport, venue of the Paris Air Show (June 19-25, 2023). The event is free of charge.
To participate, registration is needed prior the event. Register here to save your seat!
The sessions of the Final Dissemination Event are listed below. The current Agenda is preliminary and subject to change, therefore stay tuned to be updated!
- 13.00-13.45: Lunch
- 13.45-13.50: Welcome & Agenda – Deep Blue
- 13.50-14.05: ClimOP’s Contribution to Horizon2020 – Leonidas Siozos-Rousoulis (CINEA)
- 14.05-14.25: Policy aspects of Horizon Europe for Green Aviation – Michael Kyriakopoulos (DG RTD)
- 14.25-14.35: Aviation’s Road to Net Zero by 2050 – Jenniina Ylönen (IATA)
- 14.35-14.45: Stakeholder perspective on Green Airports – Giorgio Medici (SEA Milan)
- 14.45-14.55: Discussions & Questions
- 14.55-15.05: General Project Overview – Alessandra Tedeschi (Deep Blue)
- 15.05-15.35: Coffee Break
- 15.35-16.00: Climate Impact Assessment of ClimOP Operational Improvements – Zarah Zengerling (DLR)
- 16.00-16.25: Stakeholder Impact Assessment and ClimOP Mitigation Strategies – Elisabeth Van Der Sman (NLR)
- 16.25-16.35: Discussion & Questions
- 16.35-16.50: Feedback Collection – Carlo Abate (Deep Blue)
- 16.50-17.40: Roundtable Discussions – Moderator: Elena Branchini (SEA Milan)
- 17.40-18.00: Wrap-up & Conclusion – Alessandra Tedeschi (Deep Blue)
The ClimOP Final Dissemination Event Agenda is available for download here.